Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Assignment #2: SMART Board Presentation

-In my SMART Board presentation today I will be giving a little lesson on Alaska and the Iditarod.
-Here is the link to the presentation: Alaska and the Iditarod
-Two of the many SMART Board features I will use are the magic pen feature to focus on a compass on the map, and the button link to a video online.
-The NETS that apply to this activity are:
         -For students: 1a--"apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes."
             On one page of my presentation I will have my students apply their existing knowledge of
             directions to figuring out which route the Iditarod takes on certain years.
         -For teachers: 2a--"design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and
          resources to promote student learning and creativity."
            Throughout my presentation I use videos, pictures, and interactive tools to keep students
            interested and engaged all while giving them a relevant learning experience on Alaska and the
           Iditarod.
-An interactive white board will improve student learning in my future classroom by increasing the attractiveness of the material to my students by presenting with something they can feel and manipulate. It will help them own their learning and take responsibility for their knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. Ali I enjoyed your presentation on Alaska :) I loved participating and volunteering! I think you did a fabulous job and my favorite part was when I highlighted part of the Alaskan map! Thank you for making it fun and interesting. You will be a wonderful educator----Yajaira Garza

    ReplyDelete