Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week #10: Reading an Educational Blog

I found this brilliant blog entitled "A Fly on the Classroom Wall" created by a teacher who longs to keep parents informed and allow them to be a virtual "fly on the wall"! She has many posts that contain tips and resources for parents and teachers alike. Some examples would be a booklist for parents to read with their students and tips to helping your child make friends. One of my favorite things on this blog is a list of small rewards parents and teachers can give students for good behavior.

I commented here  on a post about ways students can have a good school year based on actions at home and at school. My comment helped support the ideas and further discussed the idea that these behaviors would be a good thing for teachers to know so they can recognize and encourage them.

This blog has many more posts that look helpful and interesting. After this assignment, I may just have to put Ally's "Fly on the Classroom Wall" blog in my toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment